Affirmations - Great When They Work! (Step #2)
Step #2 for Effective Affirmations - Identify the Habit or Behavior to be Changed or Implemented.
You already know what you want to change or create that will take you to the next best version of you. The trick is to thoroughly think it through and word it in the most effective way. For now write it down in detail in any way that's meaningful to you. We're getting to the nitty-gritty of the terminology.
You Know the "What", Now Add the "Why"!
- It's important to know what you want, but it's even more important to know "why". With a clear enough "why", the subconscious mind will find the "how" that's right for you.
- Visualize in detail what your life will be like once the change is made.
- Why do you want it and what will this change do for you and others?
- Not just what your life will look like, but how you "feel" having become the "new you". Create the most vivid and compelling "why" you can muster.
- Now remember it! Write it all down with enough detail so you an access all the information as needed. We'll talk about how to anchor it in your body later.
- Get it in front of you in other ways too:
- Create a vision board
- Hang relevant wall posters
- Put a sign on your desk
- Print it on throw pillows
- Wear it on a t-shirt
- Put a magnet on the refrigerator
- Print it on your coffee mug
- You name it, but keep it fresh and live it the best you can. We've found some items that may help you or create your own.
I'm on a roll, let's see Step #3
Take me to the beginning Back to Step #1
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published